Whatever your reasons for recycling, be it for the environment or monetary reasons, Entrec provides a recycling solution for everyone.
Using recycled metal instead of finite virgin ores dramatically reduces air and water pollution and dangerous CO2 emissions. Landfilling waste is unsustainable and is only a short term solution, which is why Entrec is passionate about achieving our zero waste goal.
Our cost effective waste management solution can turn scrap metal into revenue. Entrec’s helpful customer service team can provide expert advice and assist you when creating a tailored recycling programme for your business, ensuring it complies with legislation.
Reasons to recycle:
- Scrap steel reduces related water pollution, air pollution, and mining wastes by about 70%
- Annually, enough energy is saved by recycling steel to supply the city of Los Angeles with almost a decade worth of electricity
- Recycled steel cans are used to make new steel products including cars, bridges, lawnmowers, stoves, and construction materials
- The steel industry’s annual recycling saves the equivalent energy to electrically power about 18 million households for a year
- Every time a ton of steel is recycled, 2500 pounds of iron ore, 1000 pounds of coal and 40 pounds of limestone is preserved